Monday, July 20, 2009

it's NOT ALWAYS about me (it just seems that way)

the "it's not about you" thing has been a long running joke around our household and It's MOSTLY true. I have to say that it quite often is about me, because that is my Captain's way- but it IS ALSO about him sometimes too! Enter ..... the big-boy toy box!!
The captain asks my opinion about many things but sometimes I ALREADY know that what he is really doing is getting me ready for something I probably would not have chosen. Our spending philosophies as different, as are the way we save or budget BUT the most important thing is that we DO HAVE financial harmony when it comes to the bottom line. We take our responsibilities seriously and we plan for the future. SO, while I may not agree that he needs a bigger "this" or a 2nd "that"- I can't really complain considering that he doesn't say anything about the boxes or envelopes that arrive from Two Peas or Scrap Jazz ..... Here I post about just a few of the Captain's favorite toys. (and my 2 cents worth of course)
OK, the vehicle is almost a necessity, but the surf board?
THIS ONE would (confessingly so) be my favorite toy he bought!
the Capt says he "needs" this toy. (but I think it goes too fast
to be considered a toy on any level!!)
one of the Capt's newest toys .... surrounded by a few others
(rule of thumb .... if you don't use it more than once a week - it's a toy!!)

THESE ARE ONLY the tip of the iceberg mind you, but representative of his mindset. His "toybox" also includes many a wireless gadget & cordless widget. I believe he has a doo-hickey in 4 sizes and every color that a thing-ma-jig comes in. If something comes out that is faster, shinier, or has more horsepower- he probably has it (or it's on his current wish list) BUT, in all fairness, I should mention that I am probably his favorite toy! (get your mind out of the gutter ladies)

No comments: