Thursday, July 30, 2009

We are (almost) the Nelson Family

if I am lucky (& you are old enough) .... you'll recognize the Nelson family as Ozzie & Harriett.
There was a time when the "perf" family image was measured by these people and I TOTALLY support the idea BUT- in all reality, it's more of a fantasy family today (sadly). And why, if YOU KNOW the family I come from, am I even comparing us to the Nelsons at all? Because I watched Rachel Getting Married last night. Talk about issues!!?! I know I joke about everything being about "me" in my world (the key word being JOKE), but this was a family with a lot of "me's" -but NOT joking! Fortunately, after all the yelling & disruption ... there was some resolution but not without an ample amount of chaos, hurt & drama. And since the entire movie was depicting ONLY about a 48 hours segment of these people's lives ... THANKFULLY there was not a "happily ever after" ending because it kept the movie more real for me. I have seen or experienced families like this one. And today .... I feel so Ozzie & Harriett'ish !!
and ..... I am thinking we are in for an animated or fluff movie tonight, since we have had a string of seriousness or noise for the last few. ALL GOOD MOVIES, but I need an emotional & mental rest for the next one!
And to my siblings David, Ricky, Wally & the Beaver I just want to say ...... I love you(always), I forgive you(for whatever), I support you(loyaly), I applaud you(constantly) & I miss you all VERY MUCH(every, EVERY day)!

No comments: