Wednesday, December 29, 2010

DON'T BUG ME (aka: the nurse is in)

At the moment, I have a couple of bug infested fellas living with me.

Pops has a heck of a cold & we've got him on meds to prevent pneumonia from sneaking up on him. Low & behold ..... by today, the Captain is pretty miserable with a few symptoms himself. I find this predicament both worrisome & bothersome at the same time. For Pops, it is an exhausting condition and he requires a little extra TLC to make sure he eats enough (of the good things), takes his meds & treatments as he should .... while still encouraging him to move around a bit. Mostly I worry more about him at night. Wondering if he would call out if he needed us, or is he doing everything he can to keep warm & stay comfortable. With the Captain, it is altogether different because he is sooooo rarely ill and just as rarely sedentary .... that he is not a very patient, patient. Between the 2 of them there is noise abundant with coughing that sounds like a bull horn & nose blowing that sounds like a moose call. The kleenex & tylenol is all gone, the trash cans are full, I have no more room in the fridge for more chicken soup & my hands are chapped from using anticeptic cloths!
OTHER THAN THAT .... all is well at our place! haha

1 comment:

Julie said...

Ohhhhh no! I'm so sorry. I have an abundance of cold/flu medicine and I'm happy to share if you need some.
Hugs, Julie