
We call ALL certainly relate to this post.
My thoughts started when I decided that today woud be a good day to see if Netflix has the LOST series on instant play. I'm tidying up my design studio and it's been a really long time since I've seen it. Years ago, it was one of the programs that I recorded each week so that when I returned from my commute in the Bay Area .... I would have it to enjoy at my leisure. In those days, the Captain was still working (and living) 3/4 of the time in Sacramento and I was alone a lot. We lost that time together, but we made up for it by appreciating what we did have. Anyway .... although I do have the series playing as I type here .... I continue to think about other loses. And, as a result, I am not getting my studio cleaned up. THAT is not of major concern to me, because somethings are more important than others. more timely. It's lost time- but it's not wasted. And it's not a loss that I will concern myself with or lose sleep over. For other losses, I've done both.
Loss can be painful. At the very least it can be unsettling or confusing. Ultimately, it generally has to be accepted. And to accept does not necessarily mean to forget or dismiss the importance of the loss. Sometimes .... it just is what it is. THAT MUCH, I have learned.
The past .... well that's exactly what it is... past. You can't get it back, you can't have overs, you can't even make up for it. But, I do believe that it's never too late. Never too late to apologize, to explain, to ask questions, to forgive .... or to start over.
If a loss has changed who or what you are ..... and you suffer because of it, then you have to confront it. Otherwise, let it take it's course. You may find that you are the wiser, tougher, or more peaceful as a result. Feeling lost. Feeling loss. Both human, both painful, both temporary .... unless you give up. Don't do that.
No comments:
Post a Comment