Sunday, July 26, 2009

evening's grace

With my nursing duties retired for the night, I spent a couple of hours at my scrap table and found myself building, expressing, & creating some nice pages. Ahhhh ... what a blessing to have the opportunity to spend this time with myself. During the day I will often have some funky music playing or a movie I am listening to but not watching. (usually a few decimals louder than norm) But in the later hours of the evening when there is sleeping going on .... I move a little slower, processing more methodically- in the serenity that quiet times such as this brings me. And eventually (about now) ... I begin the cerebral wind down that will move me to tidy up (just a little) and head off to bed. My Captain will not scoff or complain when I slide between the sheets at this late hour. He will simply tell me he loves me in his husky, sleepy voice and I will fall to sleep myself with a smile on my face, knowing he means it.

1 comment:

Cindy Welch said...

I was up till midnight, trying to get 20/30 pages done for bday pics i took yesterday. I want to do this full time. Its so relaxing and makes me smile everyday.