Wednesday, July 15, 2009

what dreams may come

a few years back I was chatting with some co-workers and someone mentioned a wierd dream they had the night before. I reiterated an article that I had read once about how you can't take them literally, but rather they symbolize things or events or emotions that you are experiencing- sometimes not even consciously. She described her dream and I proceeded (teasingly) to interpret it. Since, for the most part it's just a matter of common sense (well that and maybe an open & creative mind)- turns out it actually opened up her fears on some things she was going thru at the time. As the weeks passed, I often found myself spending most of the lunch time break interpretting dreams for others as well and it got to be a regular thing. Mostly in fun, sometimes a little more serious. But- even though I have odd dreams at timesmyself - I don't usually give them much thought. But- for lack of anything else (of note) going on that might be blog-a-liscious .... I thought I might just do so here.
All I really recall is that it is raining A LOT, and the house I am in is on a hill (you know how in a dream there are things it doesn't "show" but you just know) anyway- it rains & rains and continues and pretty soon there is muddy water rising. I am turning the furniture up at angles to keep the moisture from the soft cushions, and taking silly things out of lower cabinets to keep them from getting muddy. The thick, dark squishy stuff keeps rising and entering from different areas (although slowly) and I am moving & gathering things- but not actually doing anything to keep the muddy stuff from coming in or shoveling it out or ? I don't seem to be panicking or worried (only a little annoyed) Before anything is resolved, I wake up. My dreams never "finish" to my knowledge ... I just wake up. So what have we got here?
I would say I have some issues I should be dealing with that perhaps are not clearly defined. My life is pretty darn comfortable. There ARE some things I juggle about in my thoughts but don't actually address directly. There are things that I work on, but never give my full attention to and therefore they never completely go away. It might be that I am so easy going, I get around things that are bugging me well enough- to just nibble at changing them, instead of getting to the root of the problem. And I can think of several things that I feel this way about. Kinda like don't sweat the small stuff and yes, everything is small?! So there you go- something to ponder about if you please. Just try not to take yourself (or your dreams) too seriously. Let them enlighten or release you instead.

1 comment:

Cindy Welch said...

Wow thats a brain full. Life is too short, say what ya have to say and move on. Thou I do sensor stuff that wont change anything and will just hurt the other person. Sensoring thou is rare LOL. Some things you cant change, like your soulmate, cellulite and family!