Thursday, September 3, 2009

Captain .... stop tooting my horn!

Ok, OKAY - without a doubt, the Captain is my biggest fan- but sometimes .... I get a wee bit embarassed (but in a good way). Both today & last Thursday, the Captain accompanied me to work and .... worked. Yup ... this guy who is retired. This guy who usually does more in a given day then I get done in thrice the time ... went WITH ME to work and did as much (if not more) than I did. The idea of the venture was that I would put in a couple of half or three quarter days while the doc is away to catch up, clean up, & gear up for his return. Part of that was asking for a little bit of maintenance help from my hubby .... which would make the day not even seem like a work day cuz we would be hanging out together! Well .... he jumped right in (and over the top as usual) and the (1st) part day turned into a 9 hour day and I STILL got little more than just barely anything done! Hence .... he volunteered to come along (again) for another short day to help with a couple other things. It was shorter, true. (although not short) But a lot of work was done AND I am still behind my goals !!?!! SO, as sad as it may be ..... next Thursday, I am going BY MYSELF :o( ... and probably at the crack of dawn for a r-e-a-l-l-y long day (and not turning over the open sign til noon!!). However, all that being "planned" .... I must say that I am VERY pleased that we have a newly painted and WELCOMING front door to the office and some shelves that will make filing soooooooooo much easier, plus some ever-present clutter banished from the premises. I ended up bringing a half days' worth of stuff home to do from my office with a view so that I can pretend that I am not working, but feel better about not being sooo far behind! Even though I have put in some time unplanned, I have ALSO had some time off that has spoiled me rotten with time for an extra latte' some mornings and a REAL breakfast! (thanks Capt)
Just another example of how much harder the Captain works now that he is retired !(?) Special thanks my wonderful, enthusiastic, agreeable, & hugable hubby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ILY
oh yea, yea, yea ... the reason I said I get embarrassed at times - was because the Captain would toot my horn (loudly) in response to patients who came in and said something nice about me when he was there with me these couple of times.

No comments: