Wednesday, September 30, 2009

reading .... what a "novel" idea !

well ... not a novel by any stretch of the definition- but I did start a book yesterday afternoon. I subscribe to numerous magazines at home and I sift thru the newspaper most days but I don't consider that reading. anyway ..... I am about half thru My Sister's Keeper and I am enjoying the read. There was a time when I wanted to be a journalist. I never got around to determining the type, as I was not focused enough or encouraged to pursue in any way. But from time to time I will read a passage or description that I really like (and wish I had written for that matter) and I did just that in this book. check this out - "Her hair is longer now, and fine lines bracket her mouth, parentheses around a lifetime of words I was not around to hear." very kewl!

So today we will restock groceries, perhaps check out the pool here at the resort (it sits atop the hill, overlooking the ocean) .... then head off to Kapa'a for a couple of items we've been looking for. A stop at Hilo Hatties is likely- not necessarily to purchase anything, but just for the atmosphere and nostalgia of it all- ending up at our dinner show at the Kauai Hilton.
aloha for now.

No comments: