Sunday, September 6, 2009

I wanna be Samantha for a day

You're familiar with those movies (It's a Wonderful Life) where the subject gets a chance to go back and see the impact their presence has brought to the world. The movies where a person gets to go back and do things differently to see if it would change their life and "magically" things turn out (totally) different .... yatta yatta yatta .... the bottom line in them is that the person realizes the choices they already made were the right ones. The chain of events that brought them to this place in their life was the best path .... Again, magically, they are happy about something that an hour and 35 minutes ago, they were despondant over .... BUT- since I have wondered on occassion the outcome of my "what ifs" - I decided today that (maybe) I would like to be Samantha the Witch for a day instead. I am willing to play by some rules and not win the lotto, or rewind time if the are guidelines are such. I just want to perhaps shorten a line, keep my latte warm all the way to the bottom, make someone's cell phone disappear, think about the perfect dinner & have it appear, find the perfect melon, watch T play professional volleyball, see LouLou published, leave work on time, have an extra full moon, longer lasting bubbles in my bath, dry hair without frizz ......
I would NOT twitch my nose to see what I would look like 30 lbs lighter (unless it would stick), I would NOT pull my ear lobe to see what life would be like if I had never met JRH .... since it might have meant the Captain & I would not be together. And though I would be tempted ... I wouldn't chance seeing the results of putting Chris thru college, if there were even the slightest chance of of not having Addy & Anthony. (but I wander how it would have affected T). BUT .... it would be a joy (I think) to avoid some of lifes daily "annoyances" with a wand or a broomstick at my disposal. I know it's not going to happen, but I can still dream! (what would YOU want to change?)

1 comment:

Cindy Welch said...

Ok, twitch your nose and make me thirty pounds lighter, then I will scrap a picture of it and get published! Win Win