Thursday, September 17, 2009

I am getting psyched toooooooo soon!

I probably would be fine, but some of the people I work with KEEP ASKING me if I am getting excited about vacation and then it makes me think more about it and then it's all I can think about and then I am distracted and then ......maybe some show & tell will help get me past my withdrawls. (?)

From the Pride of America ship coming into the harbor at Kauai. The beach is Kalapaki beach- where we spend 50% of our laid back, reading, walking, chatting, snorkling time while on Kauai

now let's not take this cruise thing too seriously huh? We would walk about the ship just to find something fun to "play" with phot-wise. Kept us moving & out of the restaurants!!
This is the Pride of America ship - 2005

I love the sound & sight of swaying palm trees. I always end of wondering why people can't be as flexible & accomodating as the these trees are! I must have hundres of palm tree photos! (can you say OCD?)
Occassionally, even the Captain goes overboard (theoretically speaking that is). He's a good sport about it all. If he hesitated doing something for me like this .... I would just say "ah come on .... you'll never see these people again anyway!"

And because you rarely get tooooooo much of a good (great) thing .... we took the last of the trio- The Pride of Hawaii over to the islands as well (out of San Pedro) We were not disappointed. We love the ocean travel- we love the islands.
WE LEARNED quickly that the BEST way to experience a scenic cruise is to have a balcony or lanai. We aren't the super social, party type couple so we spent a lot of time in our own room with the sliding door wide open 24-7 because there was always a great view no matter where we were. loved it!!!!
never a disappointing sunset !!
they are good, great or magnificent (or YOU are in the wrong state of mind!!!)
THIS is a perfect example of the type of
work we do while in Hawaii. Ken has mastered it in this picture. He didn't even know he was posing for me!
EVERYONE who has cruised before has shamefully attended either the midnight buffet or the chocolate buffet. THE KEY is to do a LOT of walking (on or off the ship) and ONLY do the buffet once! Ken asked one of the servers about this "decoration" and the next thing I knew .... we were carrying it to our statroom. It took 4 days to finish off the thing!
one of my fav pictures ..... catching the storminess & the sunset at the same time. I actually get an emotional stirring when I look at it! I love days like this at least once or twice during our stay.

No comments: