Monday, September 14, 2009

my husband's NEW(est) best friend

OMG .... I know we live amongst nature.
I know (as my neighbor Julie would say) "it's ajungle out there".
I know we have trapped (and relocated) an opposum, a fox, & a skunk.
I know we DON'T wanna kill the king snakes we see, a'cuz they kill the rattlers for us.
I know we are feeding (and bathing) some really cool birds.
I know we are "negotiating" with the squirrels over our fruit trees.
... but really Captain .... A PET LIZARD??! an aligator lizard actually. I think this little guy watches for him. (it might mean crickets). check him out below.
he is always a little leary at first but then starts chowing down heartily!! But he will hissss if the Captain gets too close.
after he eats most
of the offering .... he stars getting lethargic (like when WE eat too much) and he looks mighty fat for a few days afterwards!

No comments: