BTC (before the Captain) there was a time .... when my life was in a tween. That stage where I was .... for the first time in my life it seemed .... BETWEEN what it was before and what it was going to be. It was a new "place" for me because it lacked present(ce)- that is, I didn't feel like I had purpose from day to day. My youngest son was about to graduate from h.s. with plans to leave the nest, I had lost a career job & was simply "working" (and lost social friends along with it) & out of necessity- my home was for sale. So ......... what was keeping me there? At that point- fear. As good as I was at some things (or so people thought), striking out on my own was not one of them! Before too long, I was living with one of my sisters & her family and like the rooming jaunt back with my parents a few years before- it was a great comfort for me. It allowed me time to think without the feeling of "what do I do now" constantly at bay. Then one day my baby sister said "you should move to San Diego? You can stay with us til you are settled". WOW, I actually had options. At 43 +/- ..... I could decide based on ..... ME!
Now, as (most of) you know - I did NOT move to San Diego. A series of events led me to the Bay Area then the central coast but .......... in my "Samantha" mode of thinking the other day, followed by my morning latte' today in my San Diego cup, and plans to mail off my San Diego sissy's birthday present in the next few days- I can't say I haven't wondered what might have been. AND IN FACT, in choosing the central coast for our final home, the Captain and I actually did some checking on the San Diego area but to view the ocean from home, would have been even bigger bucks for us at the time!!! AND- since then, we have become grandparents so this puts us closer to them critters :o)
talking about all of this makes me miss my little sissy too. I hope to see her soon. XOXO
No comments:
Post a Comment