Sunday, October 16, 2011

12 years into the 3rd time around .... (it's a charm)

LET ME FIRST DISCLAIM that I am writing this a few minutes before the actual day our anniversary truly arrives ... because by 6:30am tomorrow, I will be out the door- not to return til nearly (if not after) midnight. I believe it may be the first time the Captain & I have spent our anniversary apart. (but no, the honeymoon is NOT over)

I adore this man for so man for so many reasons !! Within weeks of meeting him, I knew we would be great friends ... even though I was yet to consider it "a relationship", since the 6 years prior ..... I had been through an intense marriage & a couple of EYE OPENING year long relationships ... that brought me to the decision not to invest my emotions in anything permanent again. I was becoming settled in my own ways, and circumstances had presented me with some life changing possibilities in the near future. As God was chuckling from high above over my "life plan" ..... THIS MAN stole my heart, & put HIS in it's place!

Our engagement, wedding, & almost every anniversay since our first meeting, has taken place in the same place we met (Maui) .... and we continue to live the "romance" to this day. To the chagrin of those who carry envy within, we are more in love than when we first professed. We also like each other VERY much, so our relationship is respectful & honest. We know how lucky (and surprised) we are to have found each other. SO- even though we will not be whispering sweet nothings across a candle-lit table on 10/17 .... the day will not go un-noticed .... just extended out a bit. I'm pretty sure he knows how much I love & appreciate him. I am very sure I don't tell him as often and I should. And I'm positive that I'm the luckiest wife in the world! I love you Captain. Happy Anniversary.

No comments: