Friday, October 7, 2011

lemme tell YOU the REAL secret .....

It's called Secret Beach. In the "discover" Kauai book ... it was listed as a hideaway, less travelled, spand of beautiful beach. AND the beauty is true. Being "undiscovered" may have been acurate when the book was first published (and still difficult to find at stores ... 5-6 years ago).... but the secret is out about the whereabouts of the beach, and after our "trek" there ... I have to question if it was the beach that was secret or the JOKE about following the path to get to it! This was no easy task (for me) and in the heat & humidity ... even the Capt was making a comment or two. DOWNHILL in the red dirt with (if you're lucky) roots to help hold your footing. NOT the place to be strolling after heavy rains, I'm sure. It's mostly in the jungle ...uh, I mean shade- & that helps. But I kept asking myself "are we there yet?" and I kept TELLING myself- "you will have to walk UPHILL the entire way back!!" The beach ..... clean, long, and indeed beautiful & scenic. Empty? no- but so large, doesn't matter. The path to get to it ??? That's the untold secret. My suggestions?? Pack a snack, plenty of water, a chair lift, & a patient husband .... ONLY THEN is it worth it!

No comments: