It doesn't get any better than a posh ride home from our bestest neighbors, followed by an over the balcony invite from our other bestest neighbors for breakfast as we disembarked in our driveway!!
Tired & hungry from our redeye flight home (& did I mention we were tired?) .... the Captain & I had earlier discussed what do do first when once we got home, & the idea of going to the grocery store right away was out of the question. SO, the sleeping part was our priority. Well, that is, until we were invited across the street for some eats, & the word "bacon" was mentioned. I couldn't hold the Captain back (nor did I want to). As Mr O pulled our suitcases from his truck, we greeted Pa- who had brought his Sunday paper out front & was sitting atop his scooter in anticipation of our return. WHAT A WELCOMED sight .... our friends & family in one panoramic visual!!!
SO- we partook (?), we napped, we unpacked, (then) we shopped, we ate (again), I soaked in my tub, we visited a bit with Pa, then we s-l-e-p-t (very well) ......... and I FIGURED the best way to pay homage to being home was to have my coffee on the lanai, heater keeping my toes warm, while I survey the yard & the plants & ......life ............ for today.
Dorothy ... you CAN COME HOME AGAIN!! (and thank goodness, it ain't Kansas)
No comments:
Post a Comment