Thursday, October 13, 2011

the forecast is achey with a chance of bruising ...

I am sitting on my lanai for the first evening since returning from vacation .... and loving it. The moon, although not the full orb I would have appreciated keeping company, is still bright & there is a sky full of sparkles. WE ARE, for the moment, back to a normal weather pattern and boy and I happy about that! Another hot spell like this last one & I will be pushing for some sort of portable cooling system for our castle. What we spent eating out due to the stifling heat may have just about covered the cost of one. BUT- that is over for the time being, which allows me the comfort and luxury of sitting outside in the coolness of the evening. I waited til moments ago to water down the orchids and lanai plants, & I will do the same in my serenity garden first thing tomorrow morning as well.
It's been a little disorganized around here for most of the week, as we had some freshening up done downstairs by way of painting ..... then we sorted a bit, rearranged some furniture and filled up another donation box as a result. Pa is hesitant at first to dig in, as I'm sure it can be a little overwhelming- but then he really gets into it & is a huge help in the clean up process. We've got just a bit more to take care of tomorrow, then we will take the weekend "off" to spend time with company coming in on Saturday morning. For now- I MUST SAY, that I'm glad we have some more relaxing days in our immediate future, before we tackle the next home improvement hurdles :o)

No comments: