Tuesday, January 27, 2009

8 babies might be 9 babies too many ?!

YIKES- imagine your surprise if you were told you were carrying multiples. Shock enough if it were two or three. BUT I do believe it would require a straight jacket or (possibly) prozac 24-7. The news person stated that there was no indication as to whether it was a result of fertility drugs ..... (duh). AND with 46 doctors & nurses in the delivery room, I can only imagine the hospital bill for that one!? I doooo hope that they planned ahead for the possibility of this happening. I fully understand that sometime people will go to great lengths to have "their own" child, but hopefully not at the expense in many other ways. It cannot be easy to give the time & attn a healthy, well rounded child requires .... when you have that many at once. WOW. My mom once claimed that at the time she was delivering twins- she told the attending MD "if you pull out another one, you're keeping it" (she didn't even know she was carrying more than one!!) I was 11 at the time so I was part of the whole process up front & personal. Months later, when my parents would go out for the evening, they were STILL a handfull ..... so 4X more is just unimaginable! Now that I think about it those two are STILL A HANDFULL!!!!! Gotta hand it to anyone who doesn't it well. Perhaps having family back up is the key I think. (OMG, support $$$$$$$) but enough on the money front .... too much time, too little money anyway. I am just happy that I am one day closer to the weekend :o)

No comments: