I believe that things often happen for a reason. I believe this because many a time - believing this kept me from feeling like I was being punished in some way. Believing this has kept me from wasting energy on something I could not change. Believing this has (occasionally) kept me from spending money. Believing this has (often) kept me from dwelling on things less than happy. Believing this has (somewhat) helped shape my life into what it is at this moment. And although I am smart enough to know that there is ALSO a lot of things in my life that I am responsible for(good & bad)- believing that some things happen for a reason, has allowed me to let go of fear, dread, & embarrassment, in order go on with things more productive. I have learned about myself (and others). And while I don't actually think there is a master plan for each of us- I do believe that we each have the potential to make a difference. Perhaps in small ways that we aren't even aware of at times. And for a select few, BIG things that change entire lives. I would like to feel that I may (someday) leave a little footprint in the "scheme of things" . not to prove anything to anyone, but rather to have been deserving of the space I take up in the universe. To feel that I didn't (totally) waste the chances or choices I have been given. Does this sound heavy at the end of the day? Not for me ..... this sort of "stuff" floats around my head all the time. But I CHOOSE to approach or handle it with curiosity or awe- instead of picking it apart or dissecting. Just another choice I suppose (?)
So I am leaning toward the belief that there may be a destiny that awaits me- but how I get there is primarily up to me. I can take shortcuts or the scenic route. I can smell the roses or trample the garden in full. I can embrace problems full on or make excuses. In short, I can make lemonade out of the lemons that life throws at me, or I can sit around with a sour attitude. I am sure I have done a little of each along the way but I am still learning how to make better choices. I am still learning about myself. AND I am learning to like what I am learning :o) Dr Phil ..... eat your heart out. HA
No comments:
Post a Comment