Sunday, January 18, 2009
Silly Sunday
we're off on an adventure with pa this week .... not that any of "this" is silly. the silly part comes in that hanging around with these two guys (the Captain & Pa) I am surrounded by silliness. These two feed off each other, and me ..... I am mostly the straight man. It might even be silly to imagine that I am on the computer on a beautiful day like today- but then again .... I am doing so out in the warm sunshine by the pool! (so, maybe it's not so silly now??) ha-ha MORE SILLY would be that if I was home, I would probably be taking one of my cats for a walk in our kitty stroller. "some" people might think that was silly!! some people (the Captain) might even FEEL silly taking the walk (although he does it with me anyway). Silliness can (and is) often be a REALLY good thing because laughter is a great "upper". If we all laughed every day- we would all (likely) be healthier & happier. EVEN IF we're laughing at ourselves! (I practice that regularly). I look for the silliness in life each day if it doesn't find me first. THAT way, I don't take myself (or grumpy people) too seriously. I don't get sucked into the dark hole people allow themselves to wallow in. I can me sympathetic & empathetic, without being miserable. I am not saying that I have never been depressed. I have, in fact, even had an episode of depression. When that happens- no amount of silliness or random act of kindness makes you feel any better. You just have to work thru your feelings AND if you are aware of your depression, you have an element of control over it. Gee, this has gotten serious suddenly. I had a very close friend (we dated for over a year) that had a great sense of humor who- as a result of having experienced depression himself, & recognized it because his own mother had suffered from it for his whole life, ended up committing suicide because he refused to be "controlled" by medication for the rest of his life. Turns out his sense of humor was developed to protect him from one pain but could not save him from another. While I was disappointed in him to have chosen that path - I also was sad to know that he was in so much pain that he felt that was his best way to handle it. BUT- my
sympathy fell more to his son who had to deal with all the things they had said and not said to each other over the years. He was about 19 at the time. I did not feel sorry for the one who was gone, I felt sorry for one he left without explanation. YIKES.... the silliness is TOTALLY gone from this blog. I am going to swim for a bit and see if I can find it again!!!! Maybe this picture will help :o)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment