Friday, January 23, 2009

homeward bound (the human version)

this is, in some sense of the meaning, a remake of the original Homeward Bound movie you might say. We manage to find our way home, no matter how far away we wander. The Captain has found his way home from Finland & Italy. I haven't left the United States myself- so it hasn't been such a issue for me! And by all means- given the seriousness of my directionaly challenge-ation .... that is sayin a lot. Admittedly, "finding" my way home used even prompt an ocassional panic attack (if I was by myself) I have absolutely NO sense of direction. THUS, when I received my GPS last year for my birthday, it shaved 5 years off my life. This toy, along with the espresso maker I got from one of my sons a few years back, has been the mostest used gift ever. (okay, not counting my laptop or camera I guess) ..... but here I go AGAIN ..... diversing from the subject of GOING HOME !!!!! I do soooooooooooooo love going back home after a trip (or even an outing for that matter) If there is such thing as a "soul house" then this is MINE. It brings me such serenity & comfort. It's me :o) NOT TO MENTION returning to my kitty kats! Poki will "act" like he didn't notice we were gone .... but then he won't let us out of his sight for more than a few minutes at a time. Monkey (who showed how upset she was with our departure even BEFORE we left), will be totally attached- sometimes even to the point of not taking a nap for an entire day so she can constantly follow me and be in the same room! They are a GREAT welcoming committee indeed. So- short trip, long trip .... no matter, it's the return that is almost the best part of it. I USUALLY tell the Captain about now (before it all happens), "in case I forget to tell you later ..... thank you for bringing me home" for that matter my Captain, thanking you for making this my home!!

No comments: