Monday, January 12, 2009

not "A" princess, "THE" princess


so .... about now you are saying to yourself .... "why does she think she is the princess". Let me assure you, I do not THINK I am the princess, I AM the princess. (spoken with hands in motion). I am many other things as well as the princess, but being the princess is one of the things I do best. Those who know me well will back up the fact that I am not the diva, demanding, snobby princess - but MOST (I am sure) will tell you that I am spoiled, and I agree with that. But in a good way!! In a thankful, appreciative, deserving sort of way. It's not like I was born a princess. Far from it infact. And it wasn't an overnight thing either. But with many years of practice under my (slightly smaller) belt now, everyone who knows me well- has referred to me at one time or another as "the princess" - therefore, making it offical.


That (above) being said, I am not all fluff. More likely, I am very little of it at all. I have a few strong & respected skills. I am creative (though not a match for my sister LouLou in regards to scrapbooking or cocktail recipes). I am artistic (though not nearly as precise or well rounded as my sister Foo). I have an interest in trying new things (though not nearly as adventurous or successfully competitive as my sister Sow). But I have strengths they would perhaps not take first post on- such as aura of peace within me (I have earned it in spades), a way of standing on the outside to observe, while still being part of an inner circle, a skill for speaking politically correct without being the least bit political, and as a leader that does so without being the boss. And though each of my sisters are nuturers themselves, I nutured all of them first.


So .... what is this blog all about for me? hmmmm thoughts, insights, mature observances, time away from the routine of life itself..... all of those things, maybe more. Learning more about myself- definitely! Some venting, some questioning ..... There was a time when journaling kept me sane, so I DO appreciate it's theraputic affect. Let's just see where it all leads shall we?!

1 comment:

candra said...

This picture looks familiar! Is it from our trip?...It's nice to see you blogging, your Majesty.