yes - lucky me. I start my work week on Tuesday. And to top that off, my work week ends (usually) about noon on Friday! (and I am still trying to figure out what I do with my time!). When my husband (aka the Captain) used to work primarily away from home, those were L-O-N-G weekends. Now they seem to fly by. go figure?! HOWEVER, on my own behalf, I am not just an 8-5'er. I often bring things home with me to work on or finish or tweak. AND, as with literally every job I have had- I am a virtual guidence counselor & relationship caretaker to those I work closely with. It comes easily & I do feel I have headed off an oozie or two. The onset of cell phone texting has made this easier yet! Speaking of going postal (?) my bestest friend from Santa Cruz is coming to kitty sit for us soon. We have some business out of town and she has graciously decided this is the place for her to be (thank you, thank you, thank you)
Last night we watched a "feel good" movie. It's been a while since we have seen one that is all about the happy ending. At the risk (ha) of dating myself, it is my all time fav TV movie - Cinderella (Lesley Ann Warren's breakaway role at 19 y/o) The movie was broadcast in 1965 and I have seen it about 8 times since :o) No special affects (or at least nothing you would identify with today's level)- just good music & lovely acting. YAY. We watch a DVD on average of 4 eves a week. It follows Jeopardy & the Wheel of Fortune, as that is a staple in our home. My wonderful (and I mean that) father-in-law lives with us and I FIRMLY BELIEVE there is a right of passage that takes place in your 60's that begins with your routine of watching these 2 shows. I remember when my parents did the same thing (and I am sure they STILL ARE). When I would be at their home, I might wander past the room and call out an answer or two. Before long, my mom would tell me not to guess unless I was going to sit down & watch the whole thing. Apparently she was not a big fan of drive-by puzzle solving!! Dad would just laugh. Around here, we have 3 DIVERSE minds that have accumulated (some useless) knowledge that somehow manages to work together to answer a decent number of Jeopardy questions (although not in the correct form) and nearly all The Wheel puzzles. But then, armchair gaming is easy!! I am often heard stating "oh yeah, yeah, yeah - that's what I meant". Well, the time has come for me to fly off to the factory as it be. Y'll come back now, heah???!!
No comments:
Post a Comment