I am 39 today .... well to be more accurate, I am 39 for the 17th time. I considered being 49 for the 7th time but that just didn't sound right. I figure I can continue to repeat at 39 until I get it totally right. And since each additional year at 39 as pretty much been better than the last- it's a good trend for me. I can get a way with it until April of 2014 ..... when my son turns 39 himself! The number has never been a big deal for me (like others who shall remain nameless) but the fact that as it gets higher .... the BEST HALF of my life gets shorter. That's the number I don't like to think about! I do admit that the 5-0 was a bit difficult to swallow once upon a time. My Captain wanted to make a big noise about it and I warned him that the ONLY place I wanted to see that number would be on a diamond certificate. This statement proved to be the catalyst for my friend who presented me with 50 CARROTS wrapped up nicely in a jewelry box the next day!!
So without much ta-doo (I hope), I shall get on with my day knowing that to the rest of the world .... this is just another Wednesday. I have patients to see and tests to perform (although dinner "out" is a given :o)
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Sissy. If you are 39 then I will 29 Sounds good to me sissy
Post a Comment