as the Mama's & Papa's once sang .....
I find Monday (being my 2nd Sunday of each week) to be short on hours. Much like most people find on a typical day before returning to work. My "toad" seems primarily confined to my head and not any worse than yesterday so I am planning for today to be more productive. I have been working (or trying to) on my kitty kat scrapbook. It is probably more like a coffee table book in comparison to my sister's talents- but it has it's moments here and there. When LouLou learns something, it sticks! For me .... I gotta do it & do it& and then not wait for a month to try & remember how to do it! In fact, now that I think of it - I am not sure there is anything I do better than LouLou or anything that I do that she doesn't! hmmmmmm. She is the "go to" girl and I love that :o)
speaking of the mama's & the papa's the isssssssssss something I can do that LouLou can't (trust me on this) and that is carry a tune. In fact (related to the M&P group) I was in a group that sang some of their songs when I was in high school. I remember Jan & Mark, but now I can't remember who the other guy was ... maybe Larry ?! Jan & Mark went on to get married, then unmarried. Their son & my oldest were close friends in school as well. I saw Mark on TV once in the back up band for someone (country I think) but that was long ago in another lifetime. There's some gaps missing in my mind. Not like when I was really Young .... there are blocks of time missing from then - but just stuff I don't remember all that well. Must not have been "defining" moments or "pivotal" points (or they were and THAT'S why I blocked them!) Once, on a road trip - LouLou was singing along with the radio & havin' a good ole time doing it .... and I asked her if through her ears, did it sound to her that she was on the same note as the singer. She said yes. I laughed out loud. THAT explains some of the people who show up to audition for American Idol. HA and on that note ...... I am off to the DMV to renew my license. LAST time (about 14 years ago or so) my picture looked sort of like Mary Hart (well ..... ok, you sort of have to wiggle it back & forth a Little to think so) - wonder who I will look like this time??
1 comment:
We all have our special talents, apparently singing is not mine LOL. Anyway, you do and know so many things that you dont realize you do. Keep up all the wonderful things you do
Post a Comment