Friday, February 13, 2009

inspired by ANOTHER love story ....

Candra posted her love story and it gave me a warm heart. Perhaps mine will do the same for you! It is still going on, but for LouLou's sake- I will give you the cliff note version.

1. Last minute Hawaiian vacation brought on by a brother-in-law's last minute cancellation & made possible by new boss who felt sorry for everything I had been thru the previous year!
2. Chance meeting at a condo complex that was only booked after the one called no longer offered "the special"
3. A continued firendship that only survived because each party wasn't interested in a relationship
4. Open & honest conversations that were the routine because they were over the phone- so there was no pretending
5, A move to the bay area because circumstances gave me no particular reason to stay where I was.
6. Telling the person most afraid of marriage that there was no reason for that piece of paper to prove commitment
7. An engagement ring presented in the Maui moonlight on the 3rd anniversary of the day we met
8. A call made by the Captain to each of my sisters to make sure they would come to a Hawaiian wedding the following year
9. A maui wedding on the 4th anniversary of the first meeting
10. almost 10 years since 1st walking barefoot, covered in flowers, & surrounded by the people who mean the most to us.
and it's only just begun ........................ wishing all of you a Lifetime of Love starting with today!

2 comments:

Cindy Welch said...

Love the clift note version, but have lived the real love story through you! Congrats.

I love You

candra said...

AW!!! I'm glad my story warmed your heart and your's did mine. Happy late V day, your Highness;)