Wednesday, November 10, 2010

cheers for working moms EVERYWHERE

ahhhhhhhhhhh .... the peace & quiet of the evening (and the joy of a munchkin that crashes in due time). I cannot count the number of times I broke out in a laugh over something this mini princess said or asked me ..... I cannot count the number of times I heard the word damma (gramma). I cannot count the number of times I figured out what she asked or told me last, when she had ALREADY moved onto the next thing. I cannot count the number of times I told her not to run or not to look for the kittys. I must have answered the same questions a dozen times or so and I wondered if she was trying to #1 catch me in a fib, or #2 was waiting for me to give her the answer she wanted! She is a clever (and stubborn) young thing. Her big eyes and toothy smile are heart engaging, but she will turn on a dime when she's tired -so the key is get what needs to be done before that happens! She doesn't eat much, but she sure eats often! Thankfully there are a lot of healthy things you can talk her into snacking on. AND- when she is ready for bed, she climbs into it on her own, and is off to la-la land in seconds. (woo hoo)
I CAN tell you that I realized many times during each of these past 3 days how much w-o-r-k it is being a mom. I don't remember it being this exhausting. Perhaps it's the 30 year age difference!!!

No comments: