Wednesday, November 17, 2010

hairballs & happy thoughts

on my way to the SanFrancisco Starbucks (cup), I passed 2 reasons for pause .... a Popoki hairball, & the last of the condolence bouquets received. The former was easily cleaned up & tossed away, the latter ... not so.
I sniffed about the still colorful arrangement, hoping for a late bloomer or hint of sweet aroma- and while there was very little .... I did find one stubborn cluster of carnations that somehow wanted to hang around another day or two. The weary, limp bouquet had been begging forgiveness of it's demise since yesterday, and today .... it wimpered enough to get my attention. This lovely gathering of blossoms started on the breakfast bar 9+ days ago because it's enormity precluded conversation at the dining room table. But once the stargazer lilies faded & were removed, the vase made it there. The white roses began to tire & the gathering was whittled down to a bouquet appropriate for my design table. It has resided there until today, when I removed all but some delicate heather-like stems, a few of the green pompoms, & the last remaining stem of "smelly" carnations. So here I sit, in my favorite room, surrounded by my favorite sights & sounds (kitty kats & Ella Fitzgerald), drinking my favorite latte flavor (pumpkin spice) ..... and pondering.

No comments: