Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Dinner delivery ala the Captain & his Princess!

WE DID IT ..... we spent our Thanksgiving eve doing the kind of thing I think Thanksgiving is all about and it felt really good! (and I am hoping this is the "first annual" outing for us)
We checked in at the Vet's hall just after 12noon today and by 12:35, we had made our first meal delivery. That continued on til 6:48pm this evening and by then ..... we had returned to the hall 5 times for additional addresses & meals ...... and our final delivery made it 106 meals that we handed over. We were here & there and then back to there again, and as if it wasn't worth it just to see the looks on some recipient faces .... the Captain & I did it together. It was probably the most compassionate "date" we have ever been on! The time went by really fast and I am already thinking of ways we can make more deliveries in the same amount of time for next year! WELL DONE VOLUNTEERS .... rumor has it that over 400 meals were delivered (and MANY more than that were served at the hall itself). What a wonderful community!

No comments: