Saturday, November 20, 2010

I have something to stew about-

Or rather I have some stew to do something about.

Upon hearing the forecast that we were to have a rainy weekend .... I made plans early in the week to make something hot & filling that I could throw together from scratch. Like my mother ... I can look into the refrigerator & pull out a dab of this & some leftover that and tah-dah, a casserole to feed an army. BUT today, I was a little more prepared with a lot of fresh items that I chopped, sliced, & chunked- & with the help of my slow cooker (the machine kind- not the Captain) .... we had the beefy aroma to enjoy for at least half the day. I think that is the key to the best of meals; after you smell it cooking for a few hours, you are so in the mood & hungry for it that you enjoy it more! With some good ole fashioned grilled cheese sandwiches to go along with it- our tummys are full & happy .... though the rain didn't show up as planned!! I'm not sure it counts as comfort food, but it sure was yummy.

No comments: