
NOTHING changes my mood (and the look of things) faster or cheaper than a coat of paint!!!! Since both were in need of a little updating ... I took the task on with optimistic expectations. The 1/2 wall that I painted paprika 2-3 years ago was washed away with a shade called brown sugar that we had already used on another wall in the room. LET ME insert here that it is my opinion that the people who name these colors are paid minimum wage & given a list of names to choose from. I have NEVER used any brown sugar that was this color! (But what a fun job if you could just make up your own huh? And not as fattening as tasting to name Ben & Jerry's ice cream)


It was an easy job to prepare for and not much to move outta the way- so I had no problem when the Captain stated that he had plenty of things of his own to accomplish. His only assignment was to start the first movie of the marathon I was planning. BELIEVE IT OR NOT- my choice was the set of "The Planet of the Apes"! I've seen them before (more than once) and I bought them myself.
I was already pleased at the onset, but when I got to the mantle ... I was tickled pink .... uh, I mean brown sugar! It really cleaned up the look (well, along with removing a few of the tchatchkes). It was a little chilly but with the sliders open, there was no fumes & since I was up & down & here & there ... I kept plenty warm anyway!
POPS showed up a couple of times to check things out & would watch a few minutes of the movie too.

POPS showed up a couple of times to check things out & would watch a few minutes of the movie too.

Everything turned out as well as I had envisioned & hoped for ... well, except that in my dreams, the facing on the fireplace had changed too. ha! OMG what a messy job that will be someday. The prep, paint & semi-clean up took me thru 3+1/2 of the ape evolutionary tales ..... then I sat & munched popcorn for my lunch, while that one finished up. It was a perfect rest period and gave me an excuse to use my new air popper (thanks for the heads up Jules)

and OF COURSE even though my Captain always acts like he's going to disappear when I start this kind of project .... instead, he pulled the "art work" from the wall, re-positioned it's brackets, plugged & painted the evidence (and was watching the movies too). By dinner time, #5 was over & we were already watching #6 and afterward ... the evening ended with #7. A true marathon for the day ... without being lazy!

and OF COURSE even though my Captain always acts like he's going to disappear when I start this kind of project .... instead, he pulled the "art work" from the wall, re-positioned it's brackets, plugged & painted the evidence (and was watching the movies too). By dinner time, #5 was over & we were already watching #6 and afterward ... the evening ended with #7. A true marathon for the day ... without being lazy!

No comments:
Post a Comment