Monday, November 29, 2010

have you had your pumpkin pancakes today?

A few days ago ... someone emailed me a recipe for pumpkin, ginger, pecan pancakes. Being the pumpkin freak that I am (yum), I couldn't wait to try them out. I opened the can of pure pumpkin, and as the Captain wanders thru, he reminds me that he's gonna run a last minute kayak tour, so he'll be home around 2pm- & out the door he goes. DARN, I don't want to make pumpkin pancakes for 1 (and Pa was far from awake). So, can open, I take a spoonful of it out & dump it into some Betty Crocker biscuit mix, add a dash of pumpkin pie seasoning & a little cinnamon & milk and tah-dah .... pumpkin biscuits! A couple of days later ... with the balance of the pumpkin still in the fridge, I decide I want pancakes "right now", so I start up a batter- using the "just add water" pancake mix, an egg, cinnamon, some pumpkin, p.p. spice and some water & POOF- big, fluffy, orange pancakes served with maple syrup. Again- the Captain was out the door or busy or who knows- so I took a couple of pancakes, along with some maple sausage down to pops. YUM (they were all that and a bag of chips)
I didn't measure, I just threw in some of this & sprinkled in some of that and figured if I could pour it into the shape of a pancake .... then THAT'S what it was .... a pancake!! TRY IT (without the ginger, without the pecans- for that matter, without the recipe!!)

No comments: