After breakfast we took a walk out onto the beach- to bid farewell & throw my tuberose lei into the water. Legend has it that if the lei returns to the shore, then I too, shall return. But I have made it a practice that when I gift my flowers to the ocean .... I do not wait to see where it's headed. I know I will return. It is my second home & the place where I found love. I am meant to return ..... again & again.
The water was a deep blue today. It was calm & glassy & as the tide was going out, it had left tidepools teeming with tiny new life. Teeny humuhumunukunukuapua'a less than an inch long & a racoon butterfly fish that was smaller that the nail bed of my thumb. Lots of mini convict tangs, & a half dozen lizard fish. Each little pool had a new variety. It was roughly 9am by this time, & the sun was leaving no question as to it's purpose for the day. The water was warm on our feet, as the shallow waves lapped at our ankles. I wasn't sure if it was inviting me in or just saying one last goodbye for this trip. But in my own way- I said my alohas.
I'm not sad to be leaving. It has been a wonderful vacation and I love it here. But when it's time to go home, then I am ready for that too. I love my home. I love what it is now & what dreams we have for it's future. It's my soul house (if there is such a thing). But better yet is all that awaits us there as well. Friends & family & pets & plants & projects, & chores ..... I'm looking forward to it all. We're not sure what next year has in store, but we are talking about being here one of these trips when the whales are around. No matter what the plan .... it will bring us back to our beautiful Hawaii sooner or later. And I will fall in love with it - again. It is a magical place if you open yourself up to it, and it holds a special place within my heart. a hui hou
No comments:
Post a Comment