what a grand day we had with our friends, Bill & Veronica!! After a leisurely breakfast, off we headed for the Ocean Center (the Maui Aquarium). We have all been there before, sure, but it had been a couple of years & things change (and sharks grow, & prices rise). It was a warm, sunny day (well- duh ... we are in Hawaii) but with plenty of inside exhibits .... it was comfortable & engaging. I won a date with a whale, I sang a whale song, I got eaten by a whale .... and that was before I picked up the pillow sea star or the sea cucumber. All this and I still ate seafood for lunch!! And as if all this did not add up to a sa-weeeet day .... the Captain & I shared a Hula ice cream sandwich (papaya, coconut, mac nut cookie on one side- choc cherry truffle ice cream in the middle & a keiki choc chip cookie on the 2nd side!!) YUMSaturday, October 16, 2010
smells a little fishy don't you think?
what a grand day we had with our friends, Bill & Veronica!! After a leisurely breakfast, off we headed for the Ocean Center (the Maui Aquarium). We have all been there before, sure, but it had been a couple of years & things change (and sharks grow, & prices rise). It was a warm, sunny day (well- duh ... we are in Hawaii) but with plenty of inside exhibits .... it was comfortable & engaging. I won a date with a whale, I sang a whale song, I got eaten by a whale .... and that was before I picked up the pillow sea star or the sea cucumber. All this and I still ate seafood for lunch!! And as if all this did not add up to a sa-weeeet day .... the Captain & I shared a Hula ice cream sandwich (papaya, coconut, mac nut cookie on one side- choc cherry truffle ice cream in the middle & a keiki choc chip cookie on the 2nd side!!) YUM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment