actually I'm referring to the well known practice of compiling a pros & cons list .....
Our flight left SLO this morning shortly after 6am. The "pro" being that since I don't sleep well the night prior to travel, I may as well get up early & exhausted .... cuz it actually mellows me out & I don't worry so much about who I didn't say whatever to- since my plane is going to crash & it will go unsaid. When flying into SFO it brings us across the billows of cloud cover that is so thick that it reminds me of the batting one buys for quilting. It's white & sugery & covers a multitude of sins. Early morning arrival here gets us to the Red Carpet Club when most people are still slightly comatose & quiet. Not as many idiots that feel the louder they talk into their cell phone, the better they can hear the person on the other end that, quite frankly, isn't talking anyway- because the person I can hear never shuts up!! The edibles available have dwindled in variety & quality over the years. The economy (or greed) has turned the capuccino machine into just plain coffee, with some milk steamers on the side & flavoring in the form of powder rather than brewed in the coffee. The pastries have been kicked to the curb to make way for thin .... dense ..... almost crustless wheat bread. The banana's are slightly riper than I prefer & the apples are of the bruised, boring, red & golden delicious variety .... REALIZE please- these are not cons, but rather the reason I pull my own Spitzenberg from the Captain's backpack & down only 1 small cup of coffee. Also on the pro list is the fact that we have room to stretch out here, with the bathrooms accessible without crawling over someone's lap or losing a seat. AND- with all this early morning shuffling & diet-like breakfast, we will arrive on Kauai in plenty time for #1 our first kalua pork sandwich & #2 grocery stock up, which will land us at our unit just about the approved check in time. SO- for the moment, there are no cons on my list and that's a good thing ..... considering it's not even 8:30am yet!!
1 comment:
Sounds rough ....
Post a Comment