Monday, October 25, 2010

well God musta had quite a belly laugh today .....



someone told me that if you want to make God laugh ... just tell him (her?) "you have a plan". The idea was that you can plan all you want ... but quite often life is what it is. You can "plan", you can prepare, you can do all sorts of things that you think is gonna make all your ducks fall into a row but ... as sure as I am sitting her with tears running down my cheeks- there are going to be things that happen out of the blue that you can NEVER plan for. There will always come a time when you didn't see it coming. If you are lucky .... not too many times in your life. But it will happen to everyone of us. tall, short, rich, poor, republican or dumocrat (no, that's not a typo) .... natural blond or from a bottle .... doesn't matter. If you have a heartbeat, you are gonna get it broken or bruised. And I have found that it doesn't matter if it comes outta left field or right down the middle .... it hurts.
Mom is really sick right now .... and I mean sick. I choose my words carefully because that's the way I choose to see it at this moment. And even in the pain & defeat I am in at this writing, I know it does not compare to what dad is going through. To every coulda, shoulda, woulda I am having, I am sure he has done so twice fold. I am seeing good thoughts & prayers come from every direction and still- I know it will be whatever it will be. Bad things happen to good people, of that I am certain with my own experiences.... and it's happening again right now- where a fragile lady is lying in a hospital bed, fighting to go home.
This picture is us. The real us. The goofy kids that earlier today she was shushing & scolding. (as she tried no to laugh). This is what we had today ... but in a different setting. I love you mom, have some really good dreams tonight.

No comments: