Tuesday, October 12, 2010

a mai tai, a little romance & a bubble bath

There's a chance that I was a little tipsy.
It may have been an empty stomach.
Perhaps the heat.
I suppose a combination of all three would do it as well.
And there's the fact that skimpy clothing is the norm in this climate.
Of course the Captain, being from Mars doesn't need any of those things.
One thing led to another and let's just say ..... we were (physically) on our honeymoon!!

BUT THEN .... we brought the romance with us. According to the Harrison Ford character in 6 days, 7 nights; It's an island. If we don't bring it with us, we ain't gonna find it here. I suppose if you disect his statment, it really doesn't mean anything. PLUS ..... (duh), the Captain & I found it here 14 years ago!! But that isn't the point I'm making here. The object of my post is the fact that the Captain often tells people that we are still on our honeymoon, and if I'm to be perfectly honest here.... I agree with him. Well, at least around 90% of the time. The rest of the time, we are just in love. BUT even though I print the words out as "just in love", I know it is both precious & a little bit rare. I know way too many couples that love each other but are no longer "in love". There's a difference. As difficult as it is to describe it... there is one. And if I experience little else in the years ahead ..... I do (at least) plan to be "in love" with my husband for the rest of my life!!

No comments: