Sunrise doesn't seem to come as early on Maui as it does on the mainland (ha). I was bright-eyed at 5:30 this morning ... like when we first got here 2 weeks ago. I was up before the sun. I could hear the rolling break of the waves, the chirping quail,

& the cooing of doves ... and it was still dark. Just me, & nature & the sunrise. It was beautifully serene.
I am still here in the beauty. Only now I hear the Hawaiian Wedding Song playing softly & my opu is happy. The world is slowly waking up around me with a cacophony of sounds.

I have devoured the fruit that once lay like a garden on my plate. All that lingers is two bites of my sticky bun that sit in a puddle of sweet goo & the best half of my vanilla macadamia nut latte. and me. Here on the lanai where the air is still cool & the palms are swaying gently to the music. The sun is due to peak over Haleakala any moment, and that will signal that it is time to "really" rise. Rise & get the day started. Til that time .... I will rise Hawaiian style.... which is more my style anyway. By then .... the Captain will have done the dishes, made the bed, & checked the schedule of the tides! What a wonderful hubby.
No comments:
Post a Comment