Wednesday, October 20, 2010

life is a walk on the beach

I took a walk on Palauea Beach today (white rock). Alone. Well, alone except for my thoughts. And trust me, there were plenty of them. My thoughts are often plentiful & convoluted. I am rarely thinking of only one thing at a time. IF that were the case .... it would have to be something quite serious and fortunately, that's a rarity. I was in a very thoughtful mood today. That is ... a mood full of thought (as I do hope that the act of being thoughtful is not considered "a mood").
thoughts of the beauty & serenity that surrounded me.
thoughts of how happy I am.
thoughts of going home soon & giving Pa a huge hug (among others)
thoughts
lots & lots of them.

I became keenly aware of the widening smile on my face and with that realization... an extra thump to my heartbeat. And the Captain .... (?) well, he was lingering behind. Stopping to comment on a dog that is splashing excitedly in the waves in search of his frisbie. He's delayed again to chat with a passerby carrying an SUP. A third stop is made in order for him to help a diver emerging from the surf with a tank that appears too heavy for her. And then.... finally, the Captain is alongside me- and my thoughts are of him.
my adoration.
my still growing love for him.
Even as he shares his newly found points of interest with me and I am listening, I am still having thoughts. thoughts of how the memories of our vacation may fade over the next few weeks, but the captain will be coming home with me, and that will be my constant reminder of how loved I feel at this moment. of how happy I am.
And my next thoughts? Well they will continue on .... but maybe a little quieter for a while.

No comments: