I have looked over my pictures taken these past few days over & over. Some of them are so touching. Some are so ..... us. My mom has long been the unwilling recipient of our jokes & teasing. Many of the times .... the joke being on us, because she didn't even know we were talking about her!!


She raised a herd of comedians. She, who is almost the worst at telling jokes (2nd only to my sister Lindy). Mom is the shortest person in our immediate family (ok, except for her 3 & 5 yr old great grand kids). That .... along with her skinny chicken legs, her cackle of a laugh, her snoring, her "treasured" freebie stash, her recipes that ALL seem to include nuts, & the way she has been flipping us off for the past few years ...... plenty of joke ammunition, & that's just off the top of my head! But the beauty of all of this is .... mom. She has always taken our teasing in stride. Partly because we were sometimes going over her head .... but mostly because she was out numbered!! We all dread,
but laugh about the traits of hers that we have inherited. I can point them out, but I won't speak for the others. I- however, have been rolling my eyes & shaking my head like her for MOST of my adult life! I may even be better than she is at it. This morning, I was trying to decide what I love most about my mom ...... it is the kind of grandma she turned out to be. (or granny as we call her) I loved my own granny so much because of what I shared with her, & the memories that I love most about my childhood- come from her & my grampa Davis .... so I was so happy that she turned out to be that same kind of granny for my own kids. And it is the same gramma that my son told me that he hopes I will be as well. (please, no "granny" label for me). That's quite a legacy as far as I'm concerned. The family kind!!
1 comment:
Well I didnt get her laugh, i didnt get her chicken legs but I did get her love of gambling. Ha Ha
Post a Comment